Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Price We Pay for Cuteness

So I was shopping at Rustan's the other day when I ran across these baby shoes from Heelarious. It’s a leopard satin heel with black satin lining for infants size 0-6 months. Yes, you read it right: Heel.

 

I always thought it odd that Katie Holmes Cruise would allow her daughter Suri to wear heels at the tender age of 4. As a mother I think it’s bad news for Suri’s developing spine. And now lookie here… baby shoes with heels. Nothing to fear, the heels are soft crib shoes and seriously, you’d be hard-pressed to see a 6-month old baby walk, much less in heels.

I was trying to decide if these would look cute on my 3-month old baby Becca when I saw the price tag, Php 1,800! Quick calculations put that equivalent to a dozen Bounty Fresh Gourmet Whole Chickens (which btw retail at Php 150 and come in 4 different flavors – Sweet & Spicy, Tandoori, Honey Butter and Honey Garlic – pop in your turbo broiler and voila, scrumptious roast to rival Country Chicken).

And so just like that I decided that unless I get someone else to buy the shoes, heels are for mommies and mommies alone.

Mrs. So Says:  My baby girl is cute enough, thank you very much.

   

1 comment:

  1. We went last night, and it certainly did not fail. We had dumplings, hotpot tofu, sweet and sour spare ribs and stir fried kangkong. Soooo yummy!! :-)

    ReplyDelete